Sunday, August 05, 2007

Just a few words for those who can not understand my Polish

Here I am: Colombia, Carribean Coast, Santa Marta. It took me 36 hours to arrive here (by plane to Caracas, then by buses, collectivos, por puestos even metro - metro in Caracas). That was really challenging, I didin´t even imagine that it can be phisically possible, i must have been desperated:)
From Colombian border I´m accompanied by Venezuelan couple which does some businesses here in Santa Marta (trading artesanias, hand-made products by Indians & rastamans) and decided to take care of me & show me some interesting surroundings. Nice of them. Have to buy a bottle of wine tonight.
It´s just a first real day in Colombia so still not much experience but I have some observations:
- no guerlilla so far (disappointing:)
- hot, sun (if no clouds) has no mercy
- wind from the sea and palm tree leaves which give enough shaddow help to survive
- afternoon rains just like in Goteborg during all July
- mango sweetest then anywhere
- ron, cerveza y otras bebidas available without limits, anytime & coolest then anywhere
- music is part of air
Well, you must agree I´m in paradise:) especially if I add to above list a nice feeling that I don´t have to anything:))) Just thought I deserve a piece of luxery after neverending travel.. probably tomorrow it would be borring. So meantime I booked a trip to the Tayrona lost city in the jungle in Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta (Ciudad Perdida). Manana me voy! Nobody said it will be easy but for sure will be safe (last kidnaping there took place 4 years ago). I´ll be lost in lost city and somewhere around for coming 6 days. Bye!



No comments: